In the active-passive configuration mode of the adapters, the endpoint application of the passive adapter instance also listens to the events or messages even if the enableHASupport property is set to True.
By default, in WebSphere Application Server, version 7.0, the alwaysactivateAllMDBs property in the JMS activation specification is set to True. This enables the endpoint application of all the adapter (active or passive) instances to listen to the events.
To stop the endpoint application of the passive adapter instance from listening to the events, you must set the alwaysactivateAllMDBs property value to False. The JMS activation specification is associated with one or more MDBs and provides the necessary configuration to receive events. If the alwaysActivateAllMDBs property is set to False, then the endpoint application of only the active adapter instance
receives the events. Perform the following procedure, to set the alwaysActivateAllMDBs property to
1. Log on to the administrative console.
2. Go to Resources> JMS > Activation specifications.
3. Click the activation specification corresponding to the application from the list.
4. Click Custom properties under Additional properties.
5. Click alwaysActivateAllMDBs.
6. Change the value to False.
7. Click Apply and OK.
The endpoint application of only the active adapter instance listens to the events.